It's down to the shopping wire for this year's holidays. If you're still scratching your head for gift ideas, here's a list of books we love that are available for quick shipping from Amazon.com or in any Barnes & Noble bookstore:
- What to Drink with What You Eat: A veritable encyclopedic reference for wine, beer, spirits, coffee, tea, and food. See a sampling of 5 perfect pairs in our Sept/Oct 2007.
- How's Your Drink?: James Beard Award-winning Wall Street Journal columnist Eric Felten brings literature, humor, history and time-tested recipes together in his tome about cocktail culture.
- Coffee: Scrumptious Drinks and Treats: This bite-sized book about drinking and cooking with coffee will set you up with creative ways to get your caffeine fix. Coffee eggnog, anyone? See our Sept/Oct 2007 issue for the decadent Java Jolt Truffles recipe.
- The Craft of the Cocktail Deck: This recipe deck makes a great stocking stuffer. And, with any luck, you'll be on the tasting panel for trying the recipes the lucky recipient makes all year long.
- Wine Across America: Charles O'Rear and Daphne Larkin present a beautifull photographic road trip of wine cultivation and culture in the U.S.
Of course, we'd be remiss to omit one last gift idea we have on tap. A subscription to Imbibe gives all year at a great price—just $18 for your first gift and $15 for additional gifts. Order by 12/23 and your gift will start with our soon to-be-released Jan/Feb issue (arriving mid-January). While you're shopping the shelves for any of the books listed above, stop by the newsstand and pick up a copy of our Nov/Dec Holiday Drinks issue to stuff in a stocking or two to announce the gift.